Two PhD scholarships

Reiner Konrad Reiner.Konrad at sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Dec 4 09:58:52 UTC 2007

Dear Trevor,
I'd be very interested in this scholarship, but I think you'd like to
have someone younger and fluent in Auslan, if not a native auslan
speaker. And given a certain chance to get the position, I am not
free to leave all behind. And I'd not be ready to leave my family.
Are there already condidates you'd like to work with?

Some weeks ago we set the new dictionary of technical terms: health
and nursery care online, see http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/glex
Any comments are welcome!

At the moment we have to rewrite our proposal for the corpus
dictionary project. Maybe Thomas told you about.
By accident, I found the following reference in the internet:
Issues in the creation of a digital archive of a signed language,
a paper presented by you and Adam at the Sustainable Data from
Digital Fieldwork-Conference (Dec. 2006).
Do you have an electronic version that you could send me?

Best wishes from Hamburg,
Reiner

Am 25.11.2007 um 16:41 schrieb Trevor Johnston:

> Dear list members,
>
> Two PhD scholarships are available in the Department of Linguistics,
> Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia) as part of an Australian
> Research Council-funded project to facilitate the development sign
> language vocabulary for the discussion and interpretation of
> medical and
> mental health issues by deaf people.
>
> One PhD scholarship is available to suitable candidates
> internationally,
> and one is available to suitable candidates from Australia and New
> Zealand only. If you know of anyone who might be interested please
> forward them these details.
>
> The project will involve working with focus groups of interpreters and
> their clients, and conducting a qualitative and quantitative
> analysis of
> lexical data collected from interpreters and the deaf community
> through
> Medical Signbank—an internet-based dictionary and lexical database
> linked to a new version (early 2008) of Auslan Signbank.
>
> For full details please visit:
>
> www.research.mq.edu.au/students/scholarships/pages/LING_MQRESAuslan
>
> www.research.mq.edu.au/students/scholarships/pages/LING_APAIAuslan
>
> thanks,
> Trevor Johnston & Jemina Napier

Reiner Konrad

Universitaet Hamburg
Fakultaet für Geisteswissenschaften
Department Sprache, Literatur und Medien (SLM) I
Institut für Deutsche Gebaerdensprache und Kommunikation Gehoerloser
(IDGS)

University of Hamburg
Institute of German Sign Language

Binderstr. 34