Research on Signed/Spoken Language Code switching

Beppie van den Bogaerde beppie.vandenbogaerde at hu.nl
Sun Sep 2 11:48:21 UTC 2007

Hi Shane

Anne Baker and I, and also Michele Bishop and Karen Emorey and colleagues, have done research on code-blending, that is the combination of sign (language) and spoken (language) elements. There is now information about 2 or 3 hearing children of deaf parents at different ages (oldest is 6 years) and about adult hearing codas who work as interpreters...

Baker and Van den Bogaerde have two articles in press.... so a little patience is in order. One will be in a book by Michele Bishop in the Sociolinguistics Series and the other is a publication from Benjamins, eds. Plaza-Pust and Morales.

mail me if you want more info...;-)

All the best

Beppie

beppie.vandenbogaerde at hu.nl