An avator doing bfi

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 16:30:24 UTC 2007

Sorry, but I can't stop going on about corpora -- it's the gospel I preach
:-)

Perhaps the best way to kick-start this is to round up all the usual
suspects, and get a governmental agency (US or EU, it doesn't much matter to
me) to coordinate recording and transcribing 50 hours of data for everyone
to use (I know, it isn't enough  by spoken-language standards, but it's so
much more than we've ever had). Then we have a fighting chance of pushing
the state of the art in all these areas...

-Dan.