Dissertation Posted, Statistical Studies, Saudi Arabia and Jordan

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 12:51:56 UTC 2007

What I did notice is that nothing is said about the signed proficiency of
either the students or the instructors... only audiometric information on
the students. The school's Total Communication ("comprehensive style")
policy implies sign supported speech, based on the hearing teachers of the
deaf I've seen in Jordan (the only school I know of with Deaf instructors is
the Holy Land Institute for the Deaf in Salt). I also wonder what the effect
of the extra two month's instruction  (=two months indirect instruction on
the structure of signed language) had on the experimental group. Also, it
would have been nice to have a third group which used sign language without
sign writing (i.e., videotaped testing materials, etc.).

Perhaps some other time :-)

-Dan.