Cochlear implant

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 13:06:52 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I have been really happy with the replies so far. I have listened to
soundfiles from websites, I have downloaded a program and played with it. I
learned just now that in the Netherlands a cochlear implant has 22
channels,  much more then I heard on the website. So all in all I was not
able to come to grips with what it sounds like. Given that the emotions in
the discussions around cochlear implants run high, I think it is really
important to get more objective information out. When you read that the
article on the cochlear implant on Wikipedia needs expert attention, that it
needs reference sources, I can only urge better information that will help
people appreciate this emotive issue.
Thanks,
     Gerard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochlear_implant