Plain verbs in signed languages

Adam C Schembri a.schembri at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 9 15:10:59 UTC 2008

This is an interesting finding, Robin. Were all your spatial verbs
'directional' (i.e., moving from point a to point b in space), or were
some of them displaced verbs of location (i.e., vehicle-is-located-at-
B)?  I am just wondering if the eye gaze tends to co-occur with signs
that move from one location to another...

Adam

--
Adam C Schembri, PhD
Project Director, British Sign Language Corpus Project