Needed: compounding paper by Trisha Svaib (1992)

Cornelia Loos cornelia.loos at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 6 11:10:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

for my undergrad thesis I'm looking at compounding in ASL, specifically
semantic and formal headedness. I know there's at least one paper on the
topic out there, and I've been trying for weeks to lay my hands on it -
unsuccessfully up to now. Here's the reference:

Svaib, Trisha. 1992. "Compound nouns in American Sign Language: Which way
are they headed?" Paper presented at International Conference on Theoretical
Issues in Sign Language
Research, 4, San Diego, CA, August 5-8.

I have seen this work referenced e.g. in M.C. Bussemaker's 2000 thesis on
Compounding in NGT as well as in Rachel Channon's 2002 thesis "Signs are
single segments".
I'd be very grateful to anyone who could provide me with Svaib's paper or
her current email address. Any further pointings to articles on headedness
in ASL would be appreicated, too.

Thanks!

Cornelia