the benefits of ELAN

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon May 5 15:02:59 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I blogged a few days ago about SignWriting and the availability of the
SignWriting
Image Server<http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2008/05/beta-release-of-signwriting-image.html>.
What is clear in the text is that they are going to apply for an Internet
draft in order to improve the SWIS support. What I understand is that
SignWriting is superior in relation to HamNoSys as it allows for the
registration of facial expressions.

I would love to see SignWriting to be included in UTF-8. There are two
problems; there are 33563 symbols and this requires more then the pages
reserved for it. The hope is that with SWIS it may be possible to speed the
inclusion dramatically because of the way the technology behind it ...
(SVG).
Thanks,
      Gerard