the benefits of ELAN

Adam Frost adam at frostvillage.com
Mon May 5 17:29:53 UTC 2008

I have been looking into taking common parts of each of the SignWriting symbols to see how many there really are. But as Gerard mentioned, there are a few to go through. ;-) I noticed that you mentioned making a rendering engine. I have also been looking into that because no matter what method of symbols encoding is used, the placing of them will not be linear. My understanding is that the SignWriting Image Server currently works much like a rendering engine from a linear coding to spacial images. I do agree that this isn't ready to make it so that SignWriting can be UTF-8 or anything like it yet, but the SWIS is a step in the right direction.

Adam