“SIGN LANGUAGE AND E- LEARNING”, ISLANDS CENTRE, PRESTON UK, 12-13 SEPT 08

Ulrike Zeshan uzeshan at uclan.ac.uk
Sun May 25 10:24:10 UTC 2008

Hi, yes Mike is right, it is quite possible for us to cover this angle
in our workshop. In fact, we could organise one of the hands-on
afternoon workshops around SignWriting (there will be several parallel
groups covering different sub-topics). Would you be interested in
leading such a workshop Gerard, or know of anyone else who could do it?

Ulrike

Prof. Ulrike Zeshan
Director, International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Livesey House, LH212
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR12HE, UK
uzeshan at uclan.ac.uk
Ph. +44-1772-893104

>>> "Mike Morgan" <mwmosaka at gmail.com> 24/05/08 3:59 PM >>>
Gerard, Goeiedaag (Eveneing actually, at least here in Bombay)!

Hmm ... No, you are right. I too failed to see a "plug" for SignWriting
in
the notice ... BUT also fail to see anything in the program(me) which
ipso
facto precludes its discussion ... I am sure anyone willing to
contribute to
the discussion from THAT angle will be more than welcomed (within
reason, of
course ...) In fact ANY angle, as long as it falls within the scope:
"e-learning and distance education". ... Ulrike can correct me if I am
wrong

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi,
> Reading your program, it seems not to include anything about
SignWriting.
> [...  ... ]
> Thanks,
>      Gerard
>

> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Ulrike Zeshan <uzeshan at uclan.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> WORKSHOP "SIGN LANGUAGE AND E-LEARNING", ISLANDS CENTRE, PRESTON UK
>> The International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies is
hosting
>> a workshop on "Sign language and e-learning" on September 12-13,
>> 2008. The workshop will be held at the University of Central
Lancashire,
>> Preston, UK and aims at discussing the use of e-learning and distance
>> education through sign language in an international context....

MWM || マイク || Мика || माईक || માઈક || ਮਾਈਕ
Dr Michael W Morgan
Managing Director
Ishara Foundation
Mumbai (Bombay), India