SLLING-L Digest, Vol 16, Issue 14

Mike Morgan mwmosaka at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:35:05 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Ulrike Zeshan <uzeshan at uclan.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I posted this answer to Andrew Spencer (I didn't realise it was only
> the 'pure' cases he was after...):

Am not sure I know of ANY language which is PURE in ANYthing, but JSL
(aka NS) shows possession by juxtaposition (preposing the possessor to
the possesum) and does NOT have a sign POSS or anything like it which
could even possibly intervene. (However, as I argue in MY chapter in
the volume, possession in JSL is rarely PURE as the possessor, when
indicated, is quite commonly the topic as well.)

regards

Mike || マイク || माईक || Мика || માઈક || მაიქ || ਮਾਈਕ
מייק || மாஇக் || Miqueu || U C > || ما یک || Mihangel
Dr Michael W Morgan
Managing Director Ishara Foundation Mumbai (Bombay), India