ANNOUNCING: International SignWriting Alphabet 2008

Valerie Sutton sutton at signwriting.org
Fri Sep 19 22:52:09 UTC 2008

Thank you for this message, Tim...and MANY thanks to the SIL for the
Open Font License (OFL).

Yes, the SignWriting symbols, the ISWA 2008, are free to use.
SignWriting symbols always have been free to use, but the OFL license
helps explain that in clear terms, and it is extremely helpful...

When you download the symbols, you can choose to download them by 7
different Categories, or you can download the entire ISWA is one large
folder...

ISWA 2008 Symbol Downloads
http://www.movementwriting.org/symbolbank/ISWA/downloads.html

There is also a brief history of SignWriting Software development in
the ISWA Reference Manual...I hope to write a longer history later...

ISWA 2008 Reference Manual
http://www.movementwriting.org/symbolbank/ISWA/

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton