jobs: Researcher, iSLanDS Centre, Preston UK

Ulrike Zeshan UZeshan at uclan.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 09:50:26 UTC 2009

International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies
Universityof Central Lancashire, Preston UK

-- Research Officer (full-time)--
£22,765 - £26,391, Ref. 205B-03-07
Limited term contract for 4 years

Applications are invited for a Research Officer post in the
International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies (iSLanDS). The
iSLanDS Centre is a unique hub for the study of sign languages and Deaf
communities around the world, and our staff and students come from many
different countries, such as Turkey, India, Germany, Israel, and
Uganda.

In order to strengthen our research base, we are seeking a multilingual
sign language user with strong networks in national and/or international
Deaf communities. You should have experience working in a research or
Higher Education setting and be skilled at coordinating a team.

If you enjoy learning more about the comparative study of sign
languages and working in an international, diverse team with Deaf and
hearing people, informal enquiries can be directed at the Centre
Director Prof. Ulrike Zeshan tel +44 (0)1772 893104, fax +44 (0)1772
894933, SMS +44 (0)7772487941, or email uzeshan at uclan.ac.uk).

For detailed information and application forms, see this website:
http://www.uclan.ac.uk/information/services/work/205B-03-07.php

Deadline for applications: 24 July 2009 at 4pm

Prof. Ulrike Zeshan
Director, International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Livesey House, LH212
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR12HE, UK
uzeshan at uclan.ac.uk