Stokoe - ASCII Database

Carla Riggi carlariggi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 02:56:37 UTC 2009

(my appologies if this posted twice, I think my first attempt bounced)

Hello,

I am a grad student working on a thesis project which requires the use
or creation of a database which is essentially a dictionary of ASL
signs/glosses broken down into their component parts according to the
notation used by Stokoe, Casterline, & Croneberg, and later translated
into ASCII by Dr. Mark Mandel.  Other notation methods will also be
considered.

Does anyone know if such a database exists and is licensed as open
source, or could be licensed for use on a per project basis?

I have seen the ASL-English dictionary on asl.jinkle.com and so such a
database must exist, but their site seems to crash every time I try to
follow a link.

Thank you for your assistance.

Carla Riggi