a Linguistics of ASL question -- grammar

Adam Frost adam at FROSTVILLAGE.COM
Mon Mar 7 04:18:53 UTC 2011

I wasn't planning on saying anything on the matter, but as a native signer the sentence RECENTLY, EAT-FINISH DADDY to follow a VS structure feels wrong. The only way I can see DADDY being a subject in this sentence is if it were a rhetorical statement. I don't know if that would mean it's still a VS structure with that way of signing, but I don't think it would be.

Adam