SLLING-L Digest - 5 Mar 2011 to 6 Mar 2011 (#2011-15)

Valerie Sultan callmeval75 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 7 05:20:42 UTC 2011

One thing that needs to be considered is that these intransitive VS
structures seem to be possible with pronouns but not lexical nouns.
 EAT-FINISH ME/YOU/US/etc. seems fine to me as a native signer whereas
EAT-FINISH DOG/DAD/MAN/etc. don't.  Unless these pronouns are to be labeled
as some other linguistic structure, then ruling out intransitive VS
structures completely is not accurate.

Valerie