Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference, Auckland, NZ Feb 15-19, 2012

Adam Schembri A.Schembri at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Tue May 24 04:54:12 UTC 2011

Thanks to all those colleagues who expressed an interest in the sign language corpus workshop at the first Asia-Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference in Auckland, New Zealand, in 2012: I was very pleased that so many people responded, so that shows that there would be interest in holding such a workshop in our part of the world.
As neither my university nor the conference organisers have funding to support the necessary sign language/English interpretation, I am not able to go ahead with the workshop idea for the 2012 conference, but I do hope that we will be able to organise such an event at a future conference.
Watch this space!
Adam
--

Assoc. Prof. Adam Schembri, BA DipEd, MLitt, PhD
Director, National Institute for Deaf Studies and Sign Language
La Trobe University | Melbourne (Bundoora) | Victoria |  3086 |  Australia
Tel: +61 3 9479 2887 | Fax: +61 3 9479 3074 | www.latrobe.edu.au/nids

From: Adam Schembri <a.schembri at latrobe.edu.au<mailto:a.schembri at latrobe.edu.au>>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:36:11 +1000
To: linguists interested in signed languages <SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU<mailto:SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU>>, "slls-list at slls.eu<mailto:slls-list at slls.eu>" <slls-list at slls.eu<mailto:slls-list at slls.eu>>
Subject: Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference, Auckland, NZ Feb 15-19, 2012

If any of our northern hemisphere sign language corpus colleagues are interested in attending the Asia-Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference in Auckland, New Zealand next year (in February, the southern hemisphere summer), I might propose a one day workshop on corpus-based approaches to sign language documentation and description.

This would be a good opportunity to make other linguists in the Asia-Pacific region aware of our work (there are plans for sign language corpus projects in India and Japan, for example).

Please get in touch with me ASAP if you're interested in being part of a workshop. Abstracts are due by June 4, 2011.

Thanks,
Adam
--
Associate Professor Adam Schembri