SL test

Vivolin-Karen Riitta Riitta.Vivolin-Karen at KKO.KL-DEAF.FI
Mon May 30 04:50:28 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I am searching information, hope You can help me. I am interesting what kind of SL tests is using in the EU countries for the L2 learners (=deaf or hearing people who are learning SL as a foreign language).

First a little backround:
The aim is to improve the FinSL tests here in Finland and the final aim is to include the FinSL as one of the language in the National Foreign Language Certificate (see more https://www.jyu.fi/hum/laitokset/solki/yki/english/ <https://posti.infonetti.fi/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://posti.infonetti.fi/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://posti.infonetti.fi/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://posti.infonetti.fi/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://www.jyu.fi/hum/laitokset/solki/yki/english/> ). In Finland the deaf immigrants have to implies certficate of proficiency in FinSL. The certificate must be attached by the application of the citizenship. At the moment we do not have adequate test to get the proper certificate. The right solution would be to build up a three level test for the FinSL based on the European framework developed by the Council of Europe.

For the reasons above, there is a great need to improve the FinSL tests for L2 learners.

Wish You could send me some information about the situation in Your country:

1. Is there some kind of national SL test for L2 learners in Your country?
 What kind of test?

2. Is there SL test for deaf immigrants in Your country?
 What kind of test?

3. Do You use The European framework developed by the Council of Europe as the basis of the SL tests for L2 learners or is there some another framework used (what kind of framework)?

With Kind Regards,

Riitta Vivolin-Karén

Riitta Vivolin-Karén
Teacher
The Finnish Folk High School of the Deaf
P.O. Box 61, 00401 Helsinki
Finland
tel. +358-9-5803 452, +358-40-5745053
riitta.vivolin-karen at kko.kl-deaf.fi
http://www.kuurojenkansanopisto.fi/fi-FI/ <https://posti.infonetti.fi/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://posti.infonetti.fi/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://posti.infonetti.fi/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.kuurojenkansanopisto.fi/fi-FI/>