Facebook

Alysse Rasmussen, List Owner - Moderator TeachASLInfo at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 19 13:48:01 UTC 2011

Well, so far the pros/cons are running about 50/50 and since there's
already a list called Sign Language Linguists (thanks to whomever sent that
info!), I'm going to say it's moot for now. :)

Thanks!

Alysse  Suzanne Rasmussen, MA
Florida ASLTA President
TeachASLInfo at aol.com
www.teachasl.org

In a message dated 9/16/2011 5:37:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Richard.Senghas at SONOMA.EDU writes:

A  both/and solution may be useful.  While I don't use Facebook  myself (at
least, not yet), it is clear that a very large number of  people do,
especially among the populations likely to include potential Ph.D.  students.  The
broader the outreach, the greater the likelihood of  finding the most
suitable applicants, which in the end is better for all of  us, no?

Best regards,

-RJS

Richard J. Senghas,  Professor            |  Sonoma State University
Anthropology            | 1801 East  Cotati Avenue
Human Development Program          | Rohnert Park, CA 94928-3609
Richard.Senghas[at]sonoma.edu        | 707-664-3920  (fax)