SLLING-L Digest - 9 Apr 2012 to 11 Apr 2012 (#2012-38)

Gladys Tang gtang at CUHK.EDU.HK
Fri Apr 13 14:19:01 UTC 2012

Dear Adam,

Thank you for remembering HK and China. The Centre for Sign Linguistics and Deaf Studies of Chinese University of Hong Kong is one such site. A group of Deaf and hearing researchers there have been working  on Hong Kong SIgn Language, Tianijin Sign Language, Indonesian Sign Language, Sri Lankan Sign Language, Japanese Sign Language and Fijian Sign Language.
In China, some folks at Bejing Union University are researching on Chinese Sign Language. Another spot is Fudan University in Shanghai, and the researchers there are focusing on Shanghai Sign Language.
In Taiwan, some researchers at National Chung Cheng University (near Tainan) are conducting research on on Taiwan Sign Language.

Gladys