The 25th Scandinavian Conference of Linguistics - sign language theme session

Rannveig Sverrisdóttir rannsve at HI.IS
Tue Aug 28 09:26:30 UTC 2012

25-SCL

The 25th Scandinavian Conference of Linguistics (25-SCL), organized under
the auspices of the Nordic Association of Linguists (NAL), will take place
at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, May 13–15, 2013. Papers on a wide
range of linguistic topics are welcome, including syntax, semantics,
pragmatics, phonology, phonetics, morphology, child language, second
language acquisition, sociolinguistics, historical linguistics and corpus
linguistics. The conference language will be English.

Invited speakers

The following speakers have accepted our invitation to deliver plenary
lectures:

Elisabeth Engberg-Pedersen (University of Copenhagen)
Hans-Martin Gärtner (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
Alec Marantz (New York University)

Call for papers

We invite abstracts for 30-minute papers (including 10 minutes of
discussion). One-page abstracts of maximally 500 words with an additional
page for examples, tables and references should be submitted electronically
through Easy Abstracts. The submission period is September 1 – November 1,
2012.

The abstracts should be anonymous. Contact details (name, affiliation and
email) along with the title of the paper should be included in the body of
the email. Authors will be notified of the outcome of their abstracts by
December 1, 2012.

In addition to individual presentations, we invite proposals for theme
sessions. They should consist of at least five to six papers that address a
common topic of interest. Theme session proposals should be 500-700 words in
length, excluding references, and should list the prospective speakers and
their presentation titles. They are to be submitted to
25scl.iceland at gmail.com. The deadline for submitting proposals for theme
sessions is September 15, 2012. Notification of acceptance decisions will be
communicated by October 1, 2012.

Conference webpage:  <https://conference.hi.is/scl25>
https://conference.hi.is/scl25.

There will be a sign language theme session at the conference, those of you
that are interested to give a presentation there please contact me, Rannveig
Sverrisdóttir at rannsve at hi.is before September 10th.

Best, Rannveig

Rannveig Sverrisdóttir

Lektor í táknmálsfræði

Íslensku- og menningardeild

Hugvísindasvið

Háskóli Íslands

Aðalbygging, 329

Sími: 525-4567

Netfang: rannsve at hi.is

Rannveig Sverrisdóttir

Assistant Professor in Sign Language Linguistics

Faculty of Icelandic and Comparative Cultural Studies

School of Humanities

University of Iceland

Main Building, 329

Tel. +354-5254567