additions to LDC Sign Language Resources page

Tue Jun 12 22:26:03 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I've been slowly going through your many posts to the list about SL research around the globe, to add to the Sign Language Resources page of the LDC Language Resource wiki.

Here are the list submissions that I've gone through recently, with the data of each post quoted below the submitter's name and email address. Many of these do not include URIs, which we want to have on the LR wiki if possible. I'm sure they're findable on the Web, but since there are many of these to search for, and in most cases I cannot read the language, or not fluently, I am requesting URIs for the projects listed. At the end of the list, under "ADDED", are projects which I have URIs for and which I have recently added to the page, with hyperlinks to the sections in which they appear.

Thank you for all your help.

URIs NEEDED

ANAFE at UVIGO.ES
> Group of Spanish Sign Language Research of University of Vigo (Spain) is also missing.

Onno Crasborn <o.crasborn at LET.RU.NL>
> - Radboud University Nijmegen, Centre for Language Studies
> Dr. O Crasborn, Dr. E Ormel + PhD students and assistants
> - MPI for Psycholinguistics & Radboud University / CLS
> Prof. A. Özyürek and students

Shane K. Gilchrist <shane.gilchrist at GMAIL.COM>
> There's Malaysian Sign Language research team at University of Malaya
> in Kuala Lumpur.

Agnes Millet <Agnes.Millet at U-GRENOBLE3.FR>
> Laboratoire Lidilem
> Université de Grenoble
> France
>
> Laboratoire Lidifra
> Université de Rouen
> France

Cédric Moreau <cedric.jlm at GMAIL.COM>
> INS HEA
> 58, 60 avenue des Landes
> 92150 Suresnes
> France
>
> -----
>
> Université Paris 8
> 2 rue de la Liberté
> 93200 Saint-Denis
> France
>
> -----
>
> LIMSI-CNRS
> Campus d'Orsay bat 508
> BP 133, F-91403 Orsay cx
> France
>
> -----
>
> IRIT
> Université Paul Sabatier,
> 118 Route de Narbonne
> F-31062 TOULOUSE CEDEX 9
> France

Gladys Tang <gtang at CUHK.EDU.HK>
> Thank you for remembering HK and China. The Centre for Sign Linguistics and Deaf Studies of Chinese University of Hong Kong is one such site. A group of Deaf and hearing researchers there have been working  on Hong Kong SIgn Language, Tianijin Sign Language, Indonesian Sign Language, Sri Lankan Sign Language, Japanese Sign Language and Fijian Sign Language.
>
> In China, some folks at Bejing Union University are researching on Chinese Sign Language. Another spot is Fudan University in Shanghai, and the researchers there are focusing on Shanghai Sign Language.
>
> In Taiwan, some researchers at National Chung Cheng University (near Tainan) are conducting research on on Taiwan Sign Language.

ADDED. SEE LINKS ON "added"

Tobias Haug <tobias.haug at HFH.CH> -- added
> scientific report of the ESF funded workshop „CEFR for Signed Languages“ that took place in September 2011 at the HfH in Zurich, Switzerland

Juliane Klann  <jklann at UKAACHEN.DE> -- added
> (1) the country/city:
> Germany, Aachen
>
> (2)  the name of the department or the name of the SL researcher:
> Clinical and Cognitive Neurosciences, Dept. of Neurology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen University (Walter Huber, Juliane Klann)
>
> (3) if you want also the name of a project/general topic this place/person focuses on:
> Representation of sign and sound language in the brain
>
> (4) and a link:
> http://www.ukaachen.de/go/show?ID=1065259&NAVDV=0&DV=0&NAVID=5442268&COMP=person

Paweł Rutkowski <p.rutkowski at UW.EDU.PL> -- added
> Our details ar as follows:
> -  the country/city:
> Poland, Warsaw
> -  the name of the department or the name of the SL researcher
> Section for Sign Linguistics, Head: Dr. Paweł Rutkowski
> - if you want also the name of a project/general topic this place/person focuses on:
> Corpus of Polish Sign Language (PJM), Grammar of PJM, Dictionary of PJM, Iconicity in PJM
> - and a link:
> http://www.plm.uw.edu.pl/eng/

Trude Schermer (XS4ALL) <trude.schermer at XS4ALL.NL> -- added

--
Mark A. Mandel
Linguistic Data Consortium