SIGN6 update

Ulrike Zeshan UZeshan at UCLAN.AC.UK
Mon Sep 17 08:19:50 UTC 2012

Dear all,

please note the updates below on the SIGN6 conference:

New deadlines:
As announced previously, the new deadline for abstracts is 28 September, and notification of acceptance is on 12 October. We have already received quite a few abstracts and look forward to more. Details on submission are at the conference website www.signconference.org

Fees:

The following fees will apply:

For participants from industrialised countries:
SIGN6 conference (7-9 Feb 2013): US$ 125
Pre-conference workshops (5-6 Feb): US$ 50

For participants from developing countries:
SIGN6 conference (7-9 Feb 2013): US$ 25
Pre-conference workshops (5-6 Feb): US$ 15
We follow the OECD list of developing countries.

A need-based fee waiver application process will be available shortly. A limited number of fee waivers will be available. Presenters with appropriate justification will be prioritised for fee waivers, though we expect some fee waivers to be available for non-presenting participants too. This time, no financial assistance is available for travel and accommodation costs. We are happy to issue letters of support to prospective participants and presenters who are applying for financial support elsewhere.

Visas:

Many nationalities will need pre-arranged visas to enter India. Visa on arrival is available to a few nationalities only. All non-Indian participants should check with their local Indian representation about visa requirements. The processes and requirements change from time to time, including the time it takes to process visa applications, so it is important to have up-to-date information.

For further information about registration, fees, and fee waivers, please email CLPerdomo1 at uclan.ac.uk<mailto:CLPerdomo1 at uclan.ac.uk>
Information is also available on these websites and will be updated regularly:
https://www.signconference.org
https://uclan.ac.uk/islands
https://islandscentre.wordpress.com

Prof. Ulrike Zeshan
Director, International Institute for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR1 2HE
UK
Ph.: +44-1772-893104