[Slling-l] Dactylodyslexia

Mike Morgan mwmbombay at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 14 15:16:24 UTC 2014

OK, let me divert everyone's attention from the cascade of greetings
(which I might have played some part in starting as the original 2011
message seems to have popped up in my inbox last night marked as
unread, and with only 30% screen visibility on my laptop I missed the
original date and assumed it was a new posting.)

Although this is a Sign Language/Sign Linguistics list, I know a lot
of us also have soem expertise and/or knowledge of related and
tangential fields of study...

SO, is anyone out there aware of any studies on fingerspelling
dyslexia? NOT an older Deaf who acquires language (signed and or
written) late and therefor has problems with spelling, but something
analogous with dyslexia among hearing children?

And I guess, while we are on the topic, I am also unaware of anything
on written language dyslexia among Deaf, so if any of you knows any
research on this topic as well, it would be appreciated. (I am
interested in any type of research at all, be it pedagogical and
practical or neurological/cognitive.)

Thanks...

mwm || *U*C> || mike || мика || 戊流岸マイク
माईक || માઈક || মাঈক || மாஈக ||  مایک
(aka Dr Michael W Morgan)

sign language linguist / linguistic typologist

sign language instructor
PCRV, PC Guyana
Deaf Association of Guyana

Sign Language & Deaf Education adviser
National Federation of the Deaf, Nepal
Nepal Association of Sign Language Interpreters