bibliography on methodology: test with SL interpreters

Claudia S. Bianchini chiadu14 at TISCALI.IT
Thu Jul 24 16:23:10 UTC 2014

Hello,
with a colleague (a computer scientist)  we are testing a new software for
deaf people. Obviously our subjects are deaf adults so, with our hearing
investigator, we had an SL interpreter (SLI). We are now writing a paper on
the test, but the referee (a computer scientist who knows nothing about
deaf people) asked us to clarify the respective role of the SLI and the
investigator, and the difference between a SLI and a mediator ...
Now, in my head, everything is very clear! But I wondered if there were one
or two bibliographic citations that we could add for supporting the idea
that it is normal to have different roles and that it does not affect our
test to have a professional SLI in the room with the investigator and the
subject (whereas with children, I suppose, the presence of a third person
must be more problematic because the child does not distinguish the roles
so well, but this is another thing).
I hope my request (and my English) is not too much confused and that
someone can help us.
Thanks a lot

Claudia S. Bianchini, PhD
MCF Licence SDL-LSF, Univ. Poitiers
<chiadu14 at gmail.comt>claudia.savina.bianchini at univ-poitiers.fr
<chiadu14 at gmail.comt>
Université de Poitiers - UFR Lettres et Langues (Bât. A3)
1 rue Raymond CANTEL - TSA 11102
86073 POITIERS CEDEX 9