[Slling-l] Numerical Incorporation for Age signs in ASL

Adam Schembri A.Schembri at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Wed Dec 2 08:40:52 UTC 2015

Hi Sarah
Are you aware of Liddell’s (2003) analysis which claims that numeral
incorporation is not the appropriate analysis for AGE signs in ASL, and
that the initial contact at the chin is best analysed as a prefix because
the contact at the chin is “…followed by a numeral stem capable of
standing on its own without the prefix” (Liddell, 2003: 35).
The same could be said in Auslan and BSL where the initial contact
‘prefix’ is at the nose, with a numeral stem following this contact.
Thanks,
Adam

--

Assoc. Prof. Adam Schembri, PhD https://latrobe.academia.edu/AdamSchembri
Department of Languages & Linguistics  | La Trobe University | Melbourne

On 2/12/2015, 19:25, "linguists interested in signed languages on behalf
of Sarah Hafer" <SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU on behalf of