[Slling-l] ++Survey on signed and spoken language assessment++

Tobias Haug tobias.haug at SIGNLANG-ASSESSMENT.INFO
Tue Jan 27 17:29:07 UTC 2015

Dear Albert,

thanks for asking. For the purpose of this survey we use the terms „sign language assessment“ and „sign language test“ interchangeably. So it refers to any kind of SL tests for L1 and/or L2 learners.

Best wishes,

Tobias

> ndividual proficiency in understanding and producing the language? L1 vs. L2?
> Am 27.01.2015 um 17:23 schrieb Albert Bickford <albert_bickford at SIL.ORG>:
>
> As a matter of clarification, what type of assessment are you talking about? Individual proficiency in understanding and producing the language? L1 vs. L2?  Vitality of the language community as a whole?  Attitudes of its users towards its utility and value relative to other languages?
> --Albert
>
> Albert Bickford
> SIL International
>   Linguistic Services Coordinator, Global Sign Languages Team
>   Director, SIL-UND
>
> Please use different email addresses for different topics:
>   sign languages: linguistic_services_gslt at sil.org <mailto:linguistic_services_gslt at sil.org>
>   SIL-UND: director_silund at sil.org <mailto:director_silund at sil.org>
>   other: albert_bickford at sil.org <mailto:albert_bickford at sil.org>
>
> late May through early August:
>   2901 University Ave Stop 8217, Grand Forks ND 58202; 701-777-0575
> mid-August through mid-May:
>   16131 N. Vernon Dr., Tucson AZ 85739; 520-825-1229
>
> On 2015/01/27 7:35 AM, Tobias Haug wrote:
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> We are currently preparing an edited book on current/shared issues related to assessment of signed and spoken languages. To help us identify the most relevant topics, we  would appreciate your feedback. To facilitate this, we have put together a mini online survey:
>>
>> http://limesurvey.learnhfh.ch/index.php/847733/lang-en <http://limesurvey.learnhfh.ch/index.php/847733/lang-en>
>>
>> If you could compete this survey we would greatly appreciate it. It will take you about 10 minutes to complete it.
>>

>> Best wishes,
>>

>> Tobias Haug, Zurich & Wolfgang Mann, London

Tobias Haug
Fax: +49-721-50 96 63 147
tobias.haug at signlang-assessment.info
www.signlang-assessment.info