[Slling-l] COME and GO in SL

Peyton Todd peytontodd at att.net
Tue Dec 13 13:03:48 UTC 2016

FSL may be different, of course, but I can report to you an interesting difference between ASL and English that I have noticed: in English we can say, e.g., 'I'll come visit you' (or at least I can), where the verb 'come' takes your point of view, so to speak. That is impossible in ASL, where the signs GO and COME must always match the literal direction of motion.
Good luck with your study,
Peyton Todd