[Slling-l] Question about SL planning and status

Mantrimas Danielius mantrimasdanielius at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 8 08:49:38 UTC 2016

Dear all,

We are writing a Lithuanian Sign Language planning strategy for 10 years
(2017-2026) and will be happy if you could share some experience or
insights on this subject. To be more specific, what we want to ask is:

- if you have some SL planning documents, drafts or similar that you could
share with us (preferably in English, but any other language is also
welcome), please do that;

- we will also highly appreciate any contributions  about ensuring  access
to information for the Deaf people in your country (overviews, legislation
etc.);

- if you have some insights on how to plan the use of SL in the light of CI
expansion and technological advance, please share with us;

- if you know about some cases where Deaf community or Sign Language
community has been officially acknowledged/recognized as a linguistic
minority, or at least some attempts have been taken, please let us know.

Thank you everybody for any information provided.

On behalf of the team,

Mantrimas Danielius
Vilnius University of Applied Sciences