[Slling-l] Question about SL planning and status

Rachel Channon vz rchannon1 at VERIZON.NET
Sun Oct 9 00:32:40 UTC 2016

Dear Mantrimas,  this is not really an answer to your request, but you might like to know that the SignTyp project at www.signtyp.uconn.edu <http://www.signtyp.uconn.edu>   includes a 1000+ word dataset of one Lithuanian signer.  This dataset currently includes videos, pictures for each concept and English glosses, but by next year will also include transcription in Signwriting. If you are interested, I would be happy to email you privately with more details.  Best, Rachel Channon

From: linguists interested in signed languages [mailto:SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU] On Behalf Of Mantrimas Danielius
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2016 4:50 AM
To: SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Subject: Question about SL planning and status

Dear all,

We are writing a Lithuanian Sign Language planning strategy for 10 years (2017-2026) and will be happy if you could share some experience or insights on this subject. To be more specific, what we want to ask is:

- if you have some SL planning documents, drafts or similar that you could share with us (preferably in English, but any other language is also welcome), please do that;

- we will also highly appreciate any contributions  about ensuring  access to information for the Deaf people in your country (overviews, legislation etc.);

- if you have some insights on how to plan the use of SL in the light of CI expansion and technological advance, please share with us;

- if you know about some cases where Deaf community or Sign Language community has been officially acknowledged/recognized as a linguistic minority, or at least some attempts have been taken, please let us know.

Thank you everybody for any information provided.

On behalf of the team,

Mantrimas Danielius

Vilnius University of Applied Sciences