[Slling-l] Sign Language Linguistics Society (SLLS) membership

Quinto-Pozos, David davidqp at AUSTIN.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed May 30 18:30:53 UTC 2018

Dear colleague,

Some of you are members of the international Sign Language Linguistics Society (SLLS). Others of you have been members in the past but your membership has lapsed. We are writing to ask you to become a member (or renew your membership) in 2018.

The SLLS is a non-profit organization that is supported with membership payments. By becoming a member, you support the activities of the society for the field as a whole, including the maintenance and development of the SLLS web site, mailing list, and assistance with TISLR conferences. SLLS currently offers awards to students for outstanding work presented at TISLR conferences, and future plans include offering support for a limited number of attendees from developing countries.

In the past, SLLS memberships were included in TISLR registration, but since TISLR 2016 in Melbourne, Australia, we have asked people to renew their memberships online. If you have renewed for 2018, we thank you.

If you want to support SLLS but have not paid your membership fee for 2018 (€10 for student members and €30 for regular members), we ask you to do that now. If you’re not sure, it’s quick and easy to check:

  *   Members from 2017 onwards will already have registration information in the system (and usernames), and renewals can be done by logging in to your SLLS account here http://slls.eu/login/
  *   Click on Lost Password if you have forgotten your SLLS username and/or password, using the email address that you used to set up the account. If you no longer have access to that email address, contact us at webmaster at slls.eu<mailto:webmaster at slls.eu>.
  *   New memberships can be processed by the same site using the link for becoming a member http://slls.eu/membership-account/membership-levels/
  *   Current members should be able to see all items available on the site, including SLLS General Meeting reports (from TISLR conferences), among others.

In all cases, paying membership dues now will create an automatically-renewing payment via Paypal. You can cancel the automatic renewal at any time if you wish to do so. If your country does not allow for the processing of Paypal payments, please contact David Quinto-Pozos (SLLS Treasurer) at treasurer at SLLS.eu<mailto:treasurer at SLLS.eu> for information about an alternative method for paying the membership fee.

Your fees help to sustain the organization and pay for vital services that we provide all members.

Thank you!

Best,
David Quinto-Pozos, Treasurer
Kearsy Cormier, Webmaster

David Quinto-Pozos, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of Texas at Austin
https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/linguistics/faculty/quinto
Treasurer, Sign Language Linguistics Society (SLLS)