[Slling-l] CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR SPECIAL ISSUE ON "Advances in the study of semiotic repertoires: mobilities, modalities, spatialities=?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=9D_?=- Deadline: 31 August 2019

Annelies Kusters annelieskusters at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 9 15:53:25 UTC 2019

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR SPECIAL ISSUE ON "Advances in the study of semiotic repertoires: mobilities, modalities, spatialities” - Deadline: 31 August 2019

Hello all,

I have been invited by the AAAL to convene a colloquium at the AAAL conference in Denver, 2020, called “Advances in the study of semiotic repertoires: mobilities, modalities, spatialities”. The aim is an expansion and advancement of the issues in a special issue published in 2017 by International Journal of Multilingualism, on the semiotic repertoire: https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rmjm20/current <https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rmjm20/current>

The colloquium consists of 4 papers, the abstracts can be found here: https://www.aaal.org/2020-colloquia-annelies-kusters <https://www.aaal.org/2020-colloquia-annelies-kusters>

I am soon submitting a proposal for a special issue on “Advances in the study of semiotic repertoires" to International Journal of Multilingualism, with these four abstracts. However, four papers is not enough for a special issue, so I need two more abstracts. First draft of the articles would be due 15 April 2020.

If you are interested in sending an abstract for this special issue, please do send it to me by 31 August 2019. I will then get back to you by 6 September.

Best wishes,

Annelies

Dr. Annelies Kusters
Associate Professor in Sign Language and Intercultural Research
Heriot-Watt University