SignBank 2002 Instruction, Task 4

Tue Oct 8 15:39:42 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
October 8, 2002

SignBank 2002 Instruction, Task 4

RENAME YOUR SHELL FOLDER
Once you have downloaded and decompressed the files, you will have a
folder entitled "SignBank Shell". A Shell is my term for an empty
SignBank. It is an empty shell waiting for you to add signs...

1. Rename the Shell for your country database. Change the name

SignBank Shell

SignBank US (for an American database)
SignBank DE (for a German database)
SignBank NO (for a Norwegian database)
and so forth....

Technically you can name it anything you want, but these names are
our standards, so we can later cross reference our files between
countries. For those who are seriously hoping to work with SignBanks
around the world at a later time, then follow the naming standard
above.

By the way, you can always download a new Shell at anytime, to create
a separate database, just on verbs or just on technical signs or
whatever...

On the other hand, you can also choose to make one HUGE database and
then mark the signs as "verbs" inside the database. You can search
for those verbs later, using SignBank's search features.

Task 5 is opening SignBank...it is coming next...