A few questions

Robin K ultimate_movielover at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 10 20:36:32 UTC 2003

 My name is Robin, I am currently a student at the University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ, USA.  I am working on a B.S. in Deaf Studies/ Interpreting and M.A. in Teaching the Deaf and hard of hearing.   As an assignment for an ASL class, I am doing a research
paper on signwriting.  I have a few questions that i have not been able to find the answers to, so I thought I would try and write you. the questions that I need answered are:
1.  What support is given to caregivers to learn Sign Writing?
2.  What support is given if the parents don't speak English?
3. At what age is Sign Writing introduced?
4. What percentage of the staff that use Sign Writing are Deaf /Hard of Hearing?
5.  Is sign writing used in post secondary education, if so how prevalent is it?
Thank you
 -Robin Kuenning