SW-Edit Software from Brazil

Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa rocha at ATLAS.UCPEL.TCHE.BR
Wed Jun 16 22:20:13 UTC 2004

Stuart,

   Thanks for the encouraging message!

> I noticed you used
> wXWindows to compile it. Can it be ported to X11 so that Mac OS X and
> Linux and other systems that can use X11 can use your software?  Just
> wondering.

   We trust wxWindows :-) so I have to say it should compile for Mac and
Linux. We have just once compiled for Linux and a few adjustments had to be
made. I suspect that for Mac a few more would be necessary, since it seems
that the support for Mac is the weakest in wxWindows. But it should not be a
real trouble for someone expert in Mac programming.

> Antonio, two questions though ...
>
> 1) Is it possible to change the paper type within the program or will it
> reformat the page when I change paper type within my print driver? I
> noticed it was for non-US paper types. I know that works best for those
> outside the US. Being the odd birds here :-D, how do we set the printing
> to US paper?

   We are so attached to the A4 format that I simply forgot the US-letter
format :-(   It has no explicit setting for US paper. I have no idea if it
will reformat the page automatically. Better solution would be to have an
explicit control in the program. Will have to wait for a new version. Sorry
for that too!

> 2) Is there a way to import existing SGN documents to SW-Edit format?

   No, unfortunately no. This is something all programs will have to have in
the future. At the moment, it is completely isolated from SignWriter.

> Thanks for letting us use it in beta form. It looks like it will be a
> help already.

   It's my pleasure to get so positive returns!

   All the best,

  Ant ­? io Carlos