[sw-l] export from one dictionnary to another

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Thu Feb 3 14:27:21 UTC 2005

Hi Anny,

The dictionary Export dumps the entire sign list into SWML-S.

The dictionary Import uses SWML-S.  It first displays the signs contained in
the SWML-S.  You then have the option to add any sign to the dictionary or
load a sign into SignMaker.

You can do this now, you'll just have to ignore the signs you don't want.
You can also edit the SWML-S to only include the signs you want.  It's not
that hard if you're not afraid of a little markup.

In the future, I will improve the export.  It will allow for a list of
signs, or a date range.  The import also need to be improved.

Alternatively, you could use SignText to create the signs and then import
the signs into multiple dictionaries.

Let me know if you have any questions,
-Stephen