two questions about SW, and one about ASL & call to writers

Valerie Sutton sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Fri Jul 1 15:05:36 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
July 1, 2005

Hello Kim, Charles - Everyone -
I am running a little behind on several jobs, and I am sorry for my  
delay in responding to so many questions...

The symbols that Charles is using, Kim, are called Surface Symbols.  
You can read a little about them on the web. They are very detailed  
symbols that state whether a symbol is in front of, on top of or to  
the side of another symbol. Sometimes we have no choice but to use  
them, but in everyday writing, it oftentimes is too much detail..It  
really depends on the sign, and the purpose of the writing...I hope  
to be able to start answering all your questions later today...But  
meanwhile, here is information about the surface symbols....

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: less074.gif
Type: image/gif
Size: 12283 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the Sw-l mailing list