two questions about SW, and one about ASL & call to writers

Fri Jul 1 15:05:36 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
July 1, 2005

Hello Kim, Charles - Everyone -
I am running a little behind on several jobs, and I am sorry for my
delay in responding to so many questions...

The symbols that Charles is using, Kim, are called Surface Symbols.
You can read a little about them on the web. They are very detailed
symbols that state whether a symbol is in front of, on top of or to
the side of another symbol. Sometimes we have no choice but to use
them, but in everyday writing, it oftentimes is too much detail..It
really depends on the sign, and the purpose of the writing...I hope
to be able to start answering all your questions later today...But
meanwhile, here is information about the surface symbols....

http://signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less006.html

http://signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less028.html