transcribed ASL poetry

Mon Jul 11 16:00:00 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
July 11, 2005

Hello Kim and Everyone -
No, we have never transcribed those works...

We have never transcribed any videos from DawnSign Press because of
permission issues, so I would be very careful. Write to ask
permission, but don't expect miracles! Perhaps you could write
directly to the authors of those works to see how they feel about it.
If they don't mind, then perhaps they can convince DawnSign press...I
don't think it has anything to do with whether they understand what
SignWriting is or not...I think they want to make sales...If you
could convince them that your work would increase their sales, that
might be different...For example, the transcription could be included
with their package when they sell it to people...but that kind of
work will take a contract and I will have to personally be involved
with the contract. So I would suggest working with less famous authors!

Val ;-)