Starting to create IWMA symbols in SVG

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Mon Jul 25 15:31:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:

> I am starting work on improving the symbols in the IMWA today...just
> started and I am actually changing how the fill in the handshapes work,
> so we can have symbols show up on top of each other with the PlaceOver
> button in SignMaker...so wow...Trevor...I am so sorry...I don't know
> what to say...I hope you won't have to re-do some of them later...but on
> the other hand, it can't hurt for you to get started I guess...

It's no problem. All I've done at the moment is a "proof of concept".
Take a PNG convert it to SVG then review/tweak it. So no work of
mine has to be re-done yet.

The only real work I've done is locate and install the software I'll need.
There will be many more things to sort out before tackling a proper
conversion of all the appropriate symbols. For example, I'll need to
examine the refined PNGs to know whether I need to adjust the conversion
processes.

> ... I hope in two weeks time to have all the PlaceOver issues
> done...I will post them folder by folder on my web site, as I finish
> them...then you can try to do the SVG work on those new folders...Is
> that ok? Give me a day or two...smile...  Val ;-)

That schedule fits with my own. I've got some free time this week to play
with my methodology before a hectic two weeks of my own. It'll be mid/late
August before I can really make head way with converting the symbols.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!