[sw-l] im a very poor salesman of the SW!

Sandy Fleming sandy at SCOTSTEXT.ORG
Sun Mar 6 14:49:32 UTC 2005

Hi List!

As far as being a SW salesman goes, I can get people interested but I can't
get them to actually get round to looking at the SW pages on the Web.

So I tried printing off a copy of the SW manual so I could give it to anyone
who was interested, since people often like to read paper books that they
wouldn't want to read them on the Web.

The problem is that it's two inches thick and they always hand it back
because they reckon they don't need to look inside it to know that it's far
too complicated!

What I really need is a manual that gives a good introduction to SW in say,
20 or 40 pages.

One problem with the manual as it stands is that there a lot of introductory
pages with photos of people, and then there are pages with huge pictures of
handshapes, and most pages have a lot of white space or list all possible
orientations of every handshape - and not just the ones needed to write,
say, ASL.

Isn't there a slimmer version of the manual in PDF that I could hand to
someone without it getting rejected as an impossibly fat book?

Sandy