good news - another two Belgian schools supporting SW

Shane O hEorpa oheorpa-s at ULSTER.AC.UK
Mon Oct 17 11:48:37 UTC 2005

Kathleen,

two things here.

1. its natural that Thierry and Bruno are borrowing a lot of signs from
the Flemish puddle - after all, VGT and LSFB are two main dialects of
the 'lost' Belgian Sign Language!

2. im smiling - you and Damian are Belgians yet you chose to converse
in English not Dutch or French - it brings me to the day when I was in
Brussels with my Belgian mate - we were looking at some DVDs and he
said that TVs showing DVDs at that shop had to be voiced in English,
not Dutch/French or one language group will complain etc etc :o

a bit like the silly fights between the NISL users and the ISL users -
the real plus is that most NISL users know ISL anyway...yet ISL users
dont know NISL - only BSL which is not very useful (you ll have to look
at Ronan Dunne who is on the Frontrunners Website - he do use NISL
signs in his ISL now cos he go to Belfast a lot!)

Shane