writing multi-party conversation

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Aug 3 16:09:22 UTC 2006

On Aug 3, 2006, at 8:56 AM, eghoffma at UMICH.EDU wrote:
> But I would still like to include as much information in the
> transcript itself as possible and having a prop symbol would be
> nice, so that a reader doesn't assume that a contact or strike
> symbol must apply to some body part. I've been making my
> transcripts in the TextEditor. Can I access the prop symbols from
> Text Editor? If not, where can I get them?

Yes. You can write the Prop Symbol in SignText. But first, let me
show you what it looks like. Go to:

Props
http://www.movementwriting.org/lessons/fullbody/fullbody10.html

(see attached screen capture)

This is a writing of a Norwegian craftsman with his foot on a log,
and holding a hammer...

The Prop Symbol is composed of two small curves close together...this
Prop Symbol can represent anything...you name it in a footnote
below...like Hammer in this diagram...

See next message for finding it in SignText....