POLAND Is it sign written correctly?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Nov 22 22:53:38 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
November 22, 2006

> Lucyna from Poland wrote:
>> Hello List,
>> I need your help. Please tell me if this sign for NIE-CHCIEC (DO
>> NOT WANT) is written correctly. It is signed like this: http://
>> effatha.lap.pl/nie_chciec.swf .
>> Lucy

Hello Lucy!
Thank you for this question. The video clip is very clear. Yes, your
writing is written correctly ;-))

You do not have to have the Same-Time (Simultaneous Movement)
symbol...we can assume the two hands are moving at the same time.

And even the Shoulder Line is not required, since the two Brush
Symbols are so far apart from each other, it is pretty clear the
hands must be touching the chest. But you can write the Shoulders if
you wish.

In the attached diagram you can see that I added three different ways
I would write that sign. They are located in the Polish SignPuddle.
You are welcome to delete the versions you do not want...smile...

I personally see the shoulders up, and the handshape has spread
fingers...so I would choose version 4...

I wrote a curved movement forward, and you wrote a straight movement
forward. It depends on interpretation. Plus there are also head
movements and facial expressions that neither of us wrote ;-)

So anyway....very well written!  Val ;-)