search by "definition"?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Apr 4 21:46:19 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 4, 2007

Hi Anny -
I know Steve will answer you when he can...He is on a well-deserved
short vacation. Developing SignPuddle 1.5 has been a huge job, and we
both have been working so non-stop for so many months...it is amazing
that we are still standing!

There is definitely a way to search on Themes, but it is a matter of
the way you setup your database, so I will be glad to give you the
details of how I would do it...

Would you be interested in my little technique for that?

Meanwhile, here are some of the searches possible in SignPuddle 1.5:

1. Search by 12 different terms (word-glosses)...
2. Search by a listing of signs
3. Search by exact symbol
4. Search by a combination of symbols
5. Search by palm facing
6. Search by rotation
7. Search by symbol frequency (all symbols...not just handshapes)

and if you load the data into SignBank you can search by long
definitions, if you add the definitions into SignBank...SignBank also
has other searches that are made for linguistics...including places
for searching on themes etc

As far as I know, we cannot search by the definition field in
SignPuddle 1.5 yet, but that is probably on Steve's To-Do list...

Meanwhile, you can use the Terms section to establish themes...I will
create a screen capture to show you next message...

Val ;-)