Portuguese (Brazilian) keyboard design

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Apr 5 17:00:43 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 5, 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Charles Butler wrote:
> I am still struggling on this.  I will keep trying.  I've tried
> following the display and I can add the languages and can't get the
> keyboard to work.
>  Charles

Charles -
Once you have succeeded at changing over to the Portuguese
(Brazilian) keyboard, then it is a matter of knowing how they type in
Brazil on their keyboards. Each country, even when they speak the
same language of another country, actually type differently from
country to countrt...for example, the keyboard for Portuguese from
Portugal is not the same design as the keyboard for Portuguese in
Brazil...so be sure to choose the Portuguese keyboard for Brazil...

Once you have that keyboard, you have to find the symbols based on
the Brazilian keyboard design...and here attached is more
information...here is a picture of the Brazilian keyboard design,
which is based on Dead Keys...it explains what a Dead Key is...a Dead
Key is where you type one key and then a second key to get the accent
over the symbol...

When I type in Danish for example, I have to know the typing
techniques that they use in Denmark...it can get confusing!