A new era

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Apr 10 00:39:51 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 9, 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> I live in Central America so one on one isn't feasible.  The Deaf
> communities owe a lot  to Steve and Val for all of their hard work
> which has made writing signs and especially online possible.
> Thanks to the two of you!!!  Your work is helping both the deaf and
> those helping the deaf!!!  I got my first glimpse of the working
> SignPuddle this past week.  I also took a bit more time online to
> check out the Instruction Videos. Hope to get a bit of time latter
> to try them out more fully.

Jonathan -
Thank you for saying this...it is great to know that our work is useful!

And thanks to Adam and our DAC members past and present, for their
important role in writing their language...

If you can get a web cam (camera on your computer), and then download
this free software at Skype.com:

http://www.Skype.com

and if you can find broadband internet access - perhaps at an
internet cafe?

Then we can speak in person in both Sign Language and spoken
language, face to face, computer to computer...

I have taught SignWriting that way and it is free and it works! No
need to travel anywhere if you have the internet connection...

We have had long conversations from Germany to California to Swiss-
French area to Japan and so forth...Why not Honduras? ;-))