Use of Space

Sandy Fleming sandy at SCOTSTEXT.ORG
Tue Apr 10 19:14:52 UTC 2007

Val and Adam,

Thanks for the replies - I'm happy to wait for descriptions to appear on
the Web, as long as it's not something that's missing from my everyday
SignWriting.

When I started the BSL dictionary I really thought that other people
would be adding to it as well - I was quite aware that I don't really
have the time or experience (of BSL) to make it worth spending a lot of
time on signs which may not be really right.

However, I'm sure there will come a day when the BSL dictionary will
take off! Either my BSL will come to the point where I can enter signs
with confidence, or someone else will come along - or hopefully both!

The dictionary got a bit of a boost when I was asked to translate that
story about the Wren at

http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/english-bsl.php

but normally I just write stuff by hand!

Sooner or later I'll want to put stories on http://bsltext.org/ and the
dictionary will get further boosts.

By the way, if anybody else would like to translate The Wren into their
own sign language as SignWriting and submit it to the Lowlands-L site,
I'm sure the site owner would be only too happy to put it up. If you
could make a video of yourself or someone else signing it, that would
also be very welcome! The story is available in hundreds of languages,
so you should be able to find one you can work from comfortably at
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/contents.php

Sandy