Teaching SignWriting in Honduras by Skype

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Fri Apr 13 13:54:43 UTC 2007

Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> April 9, 2007
>
> If you can get a web cam (camera on your computer), and then download
> this free software at Skype.com:
>
> http://www.Skype.com
>
> and if you can find broadband internet access - perhaps at an internet
> cafe?
We dont have Internet access at home.  Because we are outside of the big
cities, all the Internet cafés have satellite connections to Internet.
The download speed is ok but the upload speed is REALLY slow.  Sometimes
we do an Internet phone call back to Canada but we end up repeating
everything at least 3 times.  The computers are equiped with web cams.
We try it with our inlaws but the results are less than satisfactory,
There is about a 5 second wait between each frame.  I think it might be
bit of  a frustrating experience but when I have a questions that would
be difficult to answer on the list then we could set up a time and give
it a try.  Thanks once again to all for your support in answering my
many questions and all of the encouragement you give one another!!!!