SW Video Captions Receptive Expressive

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Wed Apr 18 10:56:30 UTC 2007

You ask why caption signed videos?

I would say it will be a great help in teaching and learning SignWriting,
and it helps spreading the message. Otherwise I agree with you: captioning
in the same signed language is not a great market. But captioning in
another signed language might be ... Then the video would have to be
edited to make pauses at natural places in the signed text, so that a
viewer could digest both the signed and the written message. This would be
a great tool for teaching a second (or third, or.. ) sign language.

Ingvild