Wikipedia American Sign Language

Pharos pharosofalexandria at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 22 01:59:08 UTC 2007

I just wanted to put in a little cautionary note here.  If you're
going to be translating from the English Wikipedia, it would be a good
idea to become a little acquainted with how it works.  Specifically,
as you may know, every article has different versions over an article
history, and sometimes mistakes or even worse can sneak in before it's
fixed.  It would be important to identify the best version before you
do a translation, so there aren't any mistakes.  You can link to a
specific version through the 'Permanent link' button in the sidebar,
and then it might be easier to collaborate in translating a text
that's not going to change.  I can help you with this if you want.

It might be a good idea for some people on the list to make accounts
on English Wikipedia and just play around a little to see how it
works.  This is a separate login from the Wikimedia Meta site.  I've
tried to recruit some people already involved in Wikipedia to help
with ASL Wikipedia, but so far I've only found one person with a basic
knowledge of SignWriting.